In accordance with the law, proof of vaccination is required for access to designated activities and areas such as sports and recreation fitness, meeting rooms and entertainment/cultural venues starting September 22, 2021. Exemptions will be made as permitted by the Government of Ontario’s regulations.
At this time, league participants will be required to be fully vaccinated to access facility amenities and to participate in league. The "enhanced COVID-19 vaccine certificate" system, as referenced by the Ontario government, will come into effect on Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
- A current vaccination receipt with valid identification will be required at entry.
- The receipts can be printed or downloaded as a PDF file to smart phones.
- In advance of September 22, those who require their vaccine certificate can print or download their vaccination receipt from the provincial booking portal.
For the purpose of this section, a person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if:
a) they have received,
- the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines;
- one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or,
- three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and,
b) they received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
Neither a recent COVID-19 infection nor a recent negative test will substitute for two shots.
Enforcement measures for the certificate system will fall under the Reopening Ontario Act. Businesses, facilities and individuals who refuse to comply can face fines.
Only properly documented medical exemptions as per the provincial mandate will be accepted. According to the guidance from the province, must provide a note from a physician, registered nurse in the extended class or nurse practitioner for a medical exemption for not being fully vaccinated.
Requirements of the medical exemption note must include:
- Name of contact information of the physician, registered nurse or nurse practitioner.
- Logo or letterhead identifying the physician, registered nurse or nurse practitioner.
- Statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exemption from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Any effective time-period for the medical reason which includes the date(s) the patron is seeking access to the business or organization
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.